On August 27 at the Brisbane Marriott, CitySmart hosted a breakfast to discuss implications and opportunities around Queensland’s new waste strategy.
Guest speakers and panelists were Rocky Point’s very own Keiran King, along with Neil Perry from Cleanaway, and Glenda Viner of Container Exchange.
Citysmart have published some of the best ideas from the event in regards to responding to the new waste level and improving waste operations in your organisation.
- Make your business a conscious customer
- Set up bins in your front of house, make them visible, make it easy
- Include a Containers for Change bin and find willing collector
- Audit your recycling bin to educate your employees
- Your food waste can help farmers and local business create a circular economy
- Put that waste management plan into action
You can read the Citysmart article in full on their website