With Potting Mix, you get what you pay for.
Rocky Point Coco Pro is our professional nursery grade potting media that is available to the home gardener in 30 and 50 litre bags. Coco Pro complies with the Australian Standard 3743 for a premium potting mix.
What’s so good about Coco pro and what’s in it?
- Professional grade potting mix
- Trace elements for plant multivitamins
- Added fertilisers will feed plants for up to 14 months
- Balances moisture & airflow for better root growth
- Greater weight content of slow & controlled release fertiliser
- Contains coconut fibre & chip - an organic water saver & root stimulator
- Zeolite – rock mineral for less fertilising & less watering
- Microbial stimulants – boosting microbiological activity
It can be used for a wide variety of plants, such as;
- All potted fruit trees, vegetables & herbs
- Azaleas, Gardenias & Camellias
- Annuals & Perennials
- African Violets
- Magnolias & Roses
- Bromeliads & Cymbidiums
- Palms & Ferns
- Most plants need re-potting at least once, sometimes twice, per year.
- Before re-potting your plants give them a through watering.
- Preferably choose a pot that is the next size up for your plant. About a third bigger.
- Place a small amount of potting mix in the bottom of the pot and press down gently.
- Put the plant in the centre of the pot and fill in around the edges up to 2cm from the top of the pot and firmly press the potting mix down to avoid any air pockets.
- Water in well and continue your watering regime accordingly depending on plant, position, and season.
Looking for more great gardening info like this? Subscribe to the Better Earth Program to receive Better Earth Secrets Magazine direct to your inbox each season.