Spring is here and sweet, juicy Pineapple is in season now!
Pineapple is quite versatile for both sweet and savoury dishes, here are some of our favourites;
- Upsidedown Pineapple Cake
- Pineapple & Mint Frappe
- Caramelised Pineapple & Coconut Curried Rice
- Sticky Chicken with Caramelised Pineapple
- Pina Colada Yoghurt Pops
- Pineapple Relish
- Charred Pineapple with Bourbon Caramel Sauce
- Jerk Chicken Salad
- Pineapple Slaw
- Ginger & Pineapple Biscotti
The recipe that has tempted us the most is these delectable Chicken & Pineapple Kebabs!
Chicken & Pineapple Kebabs
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon American yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 whole garlic cloves
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 fresh pineapple
- 16 wooden skewers
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for brushing
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Soak wooden skewers in water for at least 15 minutes
- In a saucepan over medium heat, add the ketchup, soy sauce, honey, mustard, sugar, garlic and lemon juice. Bring to a simmer and cook gently until thickened, about 10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Heat a grill pan. Cut each chicken thigh into 2 pieces. Peel the pineapple and cut it into 1 1/2-inch chunks.
- Alternating between the chicken and pineapple, thread the pieces onto the skewers. Brush them with olive oil and season them salt and pepper.
- Remove the garlic cloves from the barbecue sauce and discard; put about half the sauce into a small bowl for later. Brush skewers with some of the remaining sauce.
- Cook them on the grill, basting regularly with the barbecue sauce, until cooked through, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Serve with reserved barbecue sauce on the side for dipping.