Get decorating in the garden and around the house with some new rock buddies to join the family. This is a great activity for the kids these holidays, as any wet weather means they can paint inside, and then get out and explore/hide the rocks once the weather clears up.
What you'll need
- Smooth, flattish rocks
- acrylic paint
- child-friendly paint brushes
- newspaper to protect your workspace.
Make sure you’re wearing a smock or some old clothes OK to get paint on them
Make sure rocks are pre-cleaned and dry so the paint will stick.
- Come up with some ideas on buddies you’d like to include in your garden – do you want to mark out certain plants, so maybe paint some matching flowers, or how about some buggy friends like lady beetles and bees? Let your imagination run wild!
- Paint, paint, paint away!
- When dry, go outside and have some fun hiding your new buddies around the garden – maybe you can have a rock buddy hunt with your friends too!
Hint: The rocks are easily seen in a pot but can get lost in garden beds. A good way to make them stand out is to put them on top of a handful of lightly coloured straw mulch.